charity: water project
On June 23rd, Peter will be hosting a slalom skateboarding race at Pinhook Park in South Bend, IN. One of the primary purposes of the race is to raise $5,000 to build a well that will provide 250 people with clean drinking water. We've launched this campaign through charity: water, a reputable organization that describes themselves as such:
We're a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. 100% of all public donations directly fund water projects.
Visit charity: water to read the founder's story, see videos and pictures of completed water projects, and find different water projects around the world.
We are raising money for charity: water in several ways.
- Monetary gifts from sponsoring businesses
- Direct donations at the race from contestants and spectators
- Online donations from people like you! (Go here to donate; No donation is too small!)
- Funds raised through a silent auction
In order for the last method to be effective, we needs items to auction off. That's where you come in! We're looking for a variety of items that will appeal to both Michiana residents and skaters coming in from out of town. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Gift cards
- Package deals from businesses
- Homemade Goods
- Food products (we can store them somewhere so they won't be sitting in the sun all day)
- Gift sets
- Anything else you can think of. Be creative!
You can contact me directly to donate items, or comment on this post. I'm more than happy to meet you to pick them up.
Thank you in advance for your help. You're making a huge difference in the everyday lives of grateful individuals.